Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Decisions, decisions



This picture was taken this afternoon in my classroom. Three of my students had been looking through books, trying to decide what book to read for this month's book review assignment. Suddenly, it was time for PE, so I told them to leave the books and finish up when they got back to class. I was struck that this is a common scene in my class - and that made me happy. I like that my students have choices, that we have to be creative about book storage because there is never enough room for all the books. And I'm so happy my students love to read.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. I always felt the same way about the books in the classroom and that my students loved to read. When I moved from the classroom to the lab my books and games were the only things I hung onto. I'm sure when all the book shelves were put in the lab they weren't expecting them to be filled with children's books but they are as well as the cupboards under the counter.

    ReplyDelete