Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

End of Year Madness

So will I ever become a more regular blogger? Somehow, it doesn't look promising. Maybe I can get more into the habit this summer. I need to find an app so I can do it on my iPad - that might make it easier.

So right now, my life seems to be all about school since it is the end of the year. Life outside of school doesn't really seem to exist because school is just too big right now.  The end of the school year is heading toward me like a freight train, and I am working hard to survive being plowed down.

The end of the year in a classroom requires a balancing act that is difficult to achieve. You can't just stop because school is almost over.  You have 24 friends in your classroom who will completely go wild if you don't give them something productive to do.  You can't resort to busy work because that will just not keep them occupied.  So you try to do some "fun" things that are still learning oriented, in the hopes that it will be productive and keep the friends occupied.

That has been our challenge for the day.  Today in my classroom, the fifth graders worked on our bio-engineering project. We have done bio-e in bits and drabs all year, and today we dove head-first into the final project. Chaos? To say the least. Fun? You bet. Learning-oriented? Absolutely!  And it has kept us busy all day long.  Fantastic way to spend a day at the end of the year.  Perhaps more blogging on that later when it is not my lunchtime and I have time to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment